Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Valencia, Spain

So what Rj didn't mention was that going to get on that train, we had a to go through security to get to the platform where the train comes. We have never had all of our bags checked before and our tickets taken before the train got there. It was a pretty nice train and they had T.V., with a movie on it. Of course it was in Spainsh, but it had English subtitles so I was entertained. I had a great time riding that train, but yes Rj didn't. Anyways, when we got off the train, it had just stopped raining in Valencia so it was a nice cool night out. We found our hostel easily and decided to go out to a bar for a little while. However, there was no one walking around outside which we thought was odd. It was a Monday night, but I don't think we have ever been in a town at night when it has been so dead. So we asked the guy at the hostel of some good bars to go to, but most of them were closed or no one was there. Instead we just hung out at the hostel deciding where we wanted to go for the next couple days in Valencia. Our hostel is very calm, friendly, and with a lot of accommations.

2 comments:

luv2hikejulie said...

Cheryl you crack me up.....looks like you had a fun time yesterday. The weather looked beautiful. So what was the movie on the train? I think it is fun to watch american movies in spanish.
jules

luv2hikejulie said...

Hey guys I sent you some pictures of the kitchen. Taysha is in two of them. RJ your mom has been doing so much flooring she has peeled the skin off her fingers. Was telling her she could commit crimes now, lol. We are watching the grandkids late tonight till about 1pm tomorrow, then grouting the floor and hopefully sealing it on Sunday. Taysha will be helping me pull up the carpet in the yellow room and the living room because they are replacing it on thursday. I have a conference in Denver on Thurs-Saturday working with horses so that should be pretty cool. Then we hope to do another backpacking trip. Aunt Ethel Faye called the other day and left a message about our trip to Alaska she wanted to know what we wanted to do. I can't wait to go hiking and salmon fishing. Your mom wants to take our packs and do a little bit of camping. That would be way cool. Hope you are having fun. I pulled up the map of Spain to try to guess where you would be headed next after Valencia, there are some many opportunities I couldn't figure it out. My guess was further down the coast of Spain and maybe into Portgual. Anyways hope you are having fun. Talk with you soon.
Jules