Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Madrid, Spain
This morning we were awakened early by our roommates and people near us in the hostel. We got up at about 8:00 am and got free breakfast. Rj decided that he wanted to go for a run in the park near us and I was not feeling up to it, so I read my book. After Rj got back, we had a little time before we were to met up with our free walking tour. It started at noon near by and was about a 2 hour or so tour. The tour started out good, but as we went on it was ok. The tour guide was not lively or energetic in anyway. He didn't keep Rj and I too interesting in what we was saying, but we went through the whole tour anyways. At the end of the tour we wanted to go to the tapas tour, we would get a few beers and some food. However, it didn't happen because not enough people wanted to do it. So we ended up going back to our favorite place, the restaurant with 100 sandwiches. We enjoyed that very much, and we were really hungry at that time. After a late lunch we went back to the hostel and got some more groceries for dinner. We didn't have dinner until way later, but we hung out and had wine. While we drank our wine, we watched another one of the soccer games. That night we met a couple from Ireland and Scotland. They were really nice and we ended up talking with them all night long. They gave us good tips on Scotland and Ireland and made us more excited to go there. Tomorrow we are going to see the park and whatever other sites we decide to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wondered if you two would get a chance to post before you made your way home. I was excited to see it this morning. I woke up at 4 and was going to start tiling the entry way but decided to read my emails that I haven't read in three days. It was great to see new entry's on your blog. The dogs are tired and sore from our 7.5 mile hike so they are resting quitly at my feet. Bandit still played rock and when we didn't pay much attention he brought one out the size of a football.
I thought when I read your blog that Bandit would have liked to walk around the lake with Cheryl or go for the run with RJ.
All is in a stir around here. Taysha gets her wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. I am trying to finish the tiling in the entry way and not work too many hours of over time. Julie is planning the Maroon Bells trip, as well as looking at what all to plan in Alaska. Work has been crazy for all of us. I know you two are not missing work.....
Did you see an live games? I can't believe you were tourist and went on a tour! Are you skipping France? I can hardly wait to hear about Ireland. Enjoy this last week it will be over before you know it.
I am looking forward to being at Mt Mckinley hiking in Denali where they don't alow cars. We leave 6/29hope to see you two before then.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment