Sunday, June 1, 2008
Gimmelwald, Switzerland
R.J. and I got off to a slow start but it was nice. We packed up and met Kalib to go on our way up to Gimmelwald. We took the train from Interlaken to Lauderbrunnen and started our hike up. We took the same hike as we had the week before only this time we didn't see any Chamois. There was a lot more people going up and down the hill. It was a great day to hike but a little hot for R.J. and I. We're not used to the humidity mixed with the hot sun and all of the hair that we both have on our head. We still had a great hike up to Murren and from there we hiked to Gimmelwald. Gimmelwald was only about a 30 min. walk all downhill. The views from Murren to Gimmelwald were amazing and there was only a few clouds in the sky. We passed a lot of houses that looked abandoned in this grassy field with tons of flowers everywhere. Then we went straight downhill into the forest and popped out right on top of the town. We could see the town below us and one below that. We couldn't even believe it because we were staying on a hill with an awesome view in every direction. As we slowly made our way down we noticed that almost every house had animals. Horses, sheep, chickens, cows, etc. Therefore we new we could get fresh produce. R.J. was really excited because we found out that they had different kinds of yogurt and fresh milk. The hostel that we were staying at had a hot tub and picnic benches outside with an amazing view. When you sit there you can't even believe that what you're looking at is real. We sat there and looked around for a long time and tried to take it all in. I think I took a ton of pictures of these 2 giant waterfalls that were out to the right of us because I was so amazed by them. R.J. and I would have to agree that it was the most incredible place that either of us has ever been to. By the time it was night we were tired from the long hike and went to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment