Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Tarifa-Cadiz, Spain
We got up and checked out of our hostel. Then we looked at the times for the bus to go to Cadiz. At the hostel it said the bus leaves at 12:25 pm, so we only had an hour or so. We waited for the bus and then found out it was the wrong time. The next bus would not leave there until 2:25 pm. We didn't know what to do till then. It was so windy and the only place we knew to go to was the beach. Me being really smart, thought since it was windy we could sit in our tent. The closer to the beach the more windier it was. No one was out but we decided to try setting up the tent on the beach, anyways! The whole process was really hard because one of us had to hold onto some part of the tent; otherwise, it would have blown away. Once we got it up, we put my big backpack in it, to hold it down. The tent still looked like it was going to blow away. So Rj got in it and the tent suctioned around him (I was laughing). There was no way it was going to work. Meanwhile the wind kept getting worse and the sand was pelting our legs. It took about 30 mins. total to put up the tent and put it away (normally a 5-7 min. process). When we left the beach, everywhere was so sandy (our body's, in the tent, and somehow into our big backpacks). Overall, it was funny and I'm sure someone watching was amused. Then we got a snack and caught the bus to Cadiz. It was about a 2 hour bus ride, so not bad at all. A couple on the bus had told us about a hostel they were staying at and how it was really nice. We fortunately got a room at that hostel and that night we hung out on the roof in their hammocks. The hostel also had a barbecue for 5 euro each, so we did it. There was a good amount of food and it was really relaxing. Tomorrow we are going to walk around Cadiz and check out the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey great to hear from you two. To bad you didn't get any sucking tent pictures that would have been classic. I was reading up on Tarifa and that was what most of the sites commented on was the wind. How crazy. Like being in Kansas, lol. Anyways I drove over to Denver today, it snowed on me while I was going over Vail pass. How crazy is that. Then when I got to my hotel there were 3 cop cars and an animal control vehicle. Apparently a couple left their dog in the room unattended for several days and it did 1400 dollars worth of damage. I was trying hard not to laugh. Dumb asses. Hope you enjoy the last 12 days in Europe, I'm sure it will go by fast.
Love you both
Jules
wow....i'm suprised that I've been the only one to comment. Well I'll be headed back to Grand Junction later this afternoon from my horse training. What an awesome experience. I think I'm going to talk your mom into getting a little mini horse. lol. Anywho....hope things are still going well. Things are going to be crazy in the next couple of weeks in Junction. Finishing getting the kitchen as completed as we can, country jam, getting ready to fly out to Alaska on the 29th. Enough to make your head swirl. Your mom and I are going backpacking tomorrow night. We'll send you pictures and I'll post on the blog as well.
take care love you both
Post a Comment