Sunday, June 1, 2008
NIce, France
We got up early and took the train from Interlaken to Milano, about a 2 1/2 - 3 hours ride. Then we got on another train from Milano to Nice, a 5 hour ride. When we got on the second train we were in a 6 person compartment and there was a guy who had horrible B.O. The whole train ride was long, boring, and it was hot. All of the seats were full, so we felt crammed and were sweating. At this point Rj decided that he is going to cut his hair and shave his beard. He can't deal with all of the heat on his head and we are on our beach tour. As for me, I'm hot and my hair keeps getting longer. Finally we got into Nice, 40 mins. late, but we were there. First we got a hostel and then met Kate. Then we went and got pizza and went down to the beach. It was beautiful and a really nice night out. After dinner we walked around town. We saw a waterfall, a strip of restaurants and walked down the main strip of Nice. It looked like a lot of really expensive shops all along the way. On the walk we saw a group of kids street dancing, which was fun to watch. After walking around town, we said good-bye to Kate and went back to our room. And again we had a 6 person room to ourselves. As for tomorrow we are going to St. Raphael, to the beach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh BO is the worst in a cramped small compartment. Is Kate one of your mom's friends? Sorry to hear that the train rides have become bothersome. Glad you are hitting the beaches. It will be weird to see pictures of RJ without RED hair and a RED beard after haven seen them for the past month. Continue enjoying the trip. We went backpacking with the dogs to Kannah Creek. Will post blog and pictures shortly.
Love ya
Jules
Okay you two it time you start saying it not nice, beautiful, or amazing. Your making me want to visit each place and it will take me till I am 80..... It look absolutly wonderful! Thanks for all the pictures. Each day I put another on on my background of my computor at work. So any time I am frustrated I can dream and be happy for you two. WE are interviewing for two new people and we just got one so we are a little short at work(probably why I haven't written much). Your pictures are a great distraction.
new cabinets come in one week from today I am so excited. Taysha has been working hard helping us paint and carrying tile.
That is cool you study up and were able to go to beach. Sorry to hear you forgot sun screen it happens to the best of us. I can't to see pictures of black beach!
Love,
Mom
Hey that first picture of Nice was pretty awesome it looked like there were 3 moons.
Jules
Post a Comment