Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Cinque Terre, Italy
The only thing that Cheryl forgot to mention about that day is that italian burger is so bad we had to eat it with chips, ketchup, mustard, and salsa on it. The burgers from the comissary were good though. The next morning we were a little slower getting up, at least Cheryl and I were. Kalib went for a run (he's a big runner) then we took the train to Monterosso. We walked around on the beach for a little while and did a little shopping. Afterwards we decided to find a place to eat because the sky was starting to turn. We walked all over town looking for an ATM and then to find a place to eat while it was raining on us. Kristen found a great seafood place right on the ocean that was pretty cheap and we soon found out why, the train runs right on top of the building. The food here was amazing, one of the best meals we had in Italy. By the time we were done with lunch the weather cleared up and we decided to go back to Levanto to hang out on the beach for awhile, after a gelato. When we arrived at the beach there was a little black lab that wouldn't leave us alone while Cheryl and Kristen were burying Clayton and My legs. So we started playing with the dog for awhile, throwing rocks in the ocean and watching him bury them in the sand. It really made me miss Bandit a lot. Then Kristen and Cheryl decided to build a sand castle and I went for a run. I wish I had brought the camera with me! I ran from Levanto to Monterosso on this trail that was on a cliff by the ocean. You could see forever, it was beautiful! When I got back we decided to go into town and take pictures of this flower festival they had going on in the town after we caught the sunset. Well we were a little late for the sunset but that made us just in time to check out the flowers. We were about halfway down the road on our way back when this big religious parade started coming down the street chanting and singing. There was a man carrying a cross on his back and a catholic priest talking over a big loudspeaker, it was pretty wild. Afterward we went back to camp for turkey melts and talked for awhile. I didn't want to leave in the morning, I really wish I could spend more time with my sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a wild visit to Cinque Terre. Bandit misses you to, we didn't get to hike last Wednesday because of the weather, but I'll try to get the camera developed soon. Then I can send you some more pictures of Bandit. Sent you some pictures of the house, you won't recognize it when you get back. Bandit got out again and lucky for the tag the lady called us and we went up the street and got him. He gets the collar wet and then it only works part of the time, so we switch out batteries every couple of weeks. We are going backpacking this weekend either on the Mesa or at Devil's Canyon so should have some pictures to post on the blog.
More pictures, yeah. Thanks for letting us see. The last set looked like Switzerland but not sure if it was from the first part of your Swiss trip or if you went back after Cinque Terre. Anyway looks like you are still having a great time. I added some pictures to the blog of Roby and the kids and then sent you some to your email.
Love Jules
Post a Comment