Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Munich

This day started with the most beautiful sunrise on much too early a morning.  We took the overnight train to Munich last night and decided to stay in the reclining chairs on account of the bad experience we had with the loudest snoring guy ever on the last overnight train.  The sunrise was amazing but we arrived in Munich much too early so decided to continue on the next train to Fussen, the city nearest to the Newswanschtein Castle, or the Fairytale Castle.  We arrived in Fussen around 9AM and went for a 5km (3mi.) very scenic hike to Hoenshcwangou (not sure if that's right).  I am so glad we decided to do this little side trip.  The castle is beautiful, something straight out of a movie.  King Ludwig built the castle over many years but died before he could ever really live in it.  Some of the rooms are not yet finished but it is preserved to the tone of a brand new house.  The view around the castle is one of the most magnificent I have ever seen, with lakes, waterfalls, and even other castles.  More from Munich tomorrow, we are thinking about a Pub Crawl!!

3 comments:

luv2hikejulie said...

Get pics you two. Berlin has definately changed. Glad to see you enjoyed Hoenschwangau. Everything looks fresh and green. Have a great time in Munich. If you thought one beer stein weighed a lot wait to you get to Munich and watch the waitstaff carry 5 each hand.

Mom said...

The sunrise is beautiful! The pictures are great of the castle reminds me of the ones I have visited. Bandit climbed up my car into the half open window so he could go. I think he was hunting for two people he is missing. He is doing well although he is dragging today with sore pads from our 5 mile hike last night. I couldn't get a pack on him but he wore a bell. Did you hear about the building that collapse and they rescued a 8mo springer spainel from underneath in Breakenridge 8 day later?
Kristen called today excited to meet you to board in Austria. The trip sounds like it going well. Keep Sharing love to hear the stories.
Love,
mom

Anonymous said...

I keep leaving comments and they don't show up. Maybe this one will. Love the pictures and it looks like the weather is nice too!

I was at the gas station and glanced down when I was at the register and my eye caught a scratch ticket with a snowboarder on it. I thought that reminds me of Cheryl and R.J. so I bought one for $5. I won $500!! Thank you.

Love Mom